Hey hey friends!!! Part 2 of 67ish posts full over verses and maybe some comments by me about why I picked these…..
MY TOP TEN FAVORITE VERSES IN THE BOOK OF GENESIS!
1. Genesis 3:15 – I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.” This is God talking to Satan. “He” is Jesus. I love this verse because it’s the very first promise of Jesus. God had a plan even though Satan thought he ruined it by bringing sin into the Garden of Eden. Right after Adam and Eve sinned, God promises that one day, Jesus is going to make all things right again.
2. Genesis 15:1 – After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.” “I am your shield.” I love that.
3. Genesis 16:3 – So she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, “You are a God of seeing,” for she said, “Truly here I have seen him who looks after me.” God sees us always. And He is looking after us.
4. Genesis 18:13 + 14 – The Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.” Nothing is too hard for the LORD
5. Genesis 22:14 – So Abraham called the name of that place, “The Lord will provide”; as it is said to this day, “On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided.” After God stops Abraham from sacrificing his son, He provides a ram, in replacement of Isaac. This is a picture of how Jesus has replaced each one of us. We deserve death for our sins, but he has stepped in as a pure, spotless lamb and died in our place.
6. Genesis 22:18 – and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.” If we obey God, others will be blessed through us.
7. Genesis 24:58 – And they called Rebekah and said to her, “Will you go with this man?” She said, “I will go.” Rebekah didn’t know Isaac. She didn’t know the servant who was taking her to her new husband. But she heard how God had chosen her, and she was not afraid to allow God to use her. She willing chose to go. To leave her family, her home, her life… She chose to go.
8. Genesis 32:26 – Then he said, “Let me go, for the day has broken.” But Jacob said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” This is a picture of prayer. We don’t just pray once or twice and then stop, because the prayer hasn’t been answered. We pray, and pray and pray and pray. We don’t stop.
9. Genesis 39:21 – But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. Even when we are in terrible situations… Problems feel like chains around us. We feel like we are locked behind bars… God is with us and He still loves.
10. Genesis 50:20 – As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. Satan tries to harm us. One thing I like to remind myself of is this: “If you are worthless, if your life has no value, then why is Satan doing everything he can to steal your soul?” Often Satan tries to use others to make us question God and ourselves. And sometimes God lets Satan put us through hard things, so that he can use Satan’s destructive agenda to help us grow in our faith. No matter what we face, we can trust that God has a plan, always has, and always will, and He can turn ANYTHING and EVERYTHING into something good
BONUS 😁 – Genesis 45:7 + 8 – And God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant on earth, and to keep alive for you many survivors. So it was not you who sent me here, but God. He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and Lord of all his house and ruler over all the land of Egypt. As I said before, God always has a plan. Nothing that happens surprises God, and everything that happens is in God’s plan. God had a plan for Joseph and the Israelites. While Joseph faced hardships, God had a greater purpose, to preserve a remnant of his people. To ultimately make a way for Jesus to come to earth.
Hope you enjoyed these verses from Genesis
If you would like to hear more, or want me to expand on a certain verse or comment I made about a verse, please comment and let me know! I will try to answer any questions you have, and may even make a blog post out of them! Blessings on your day friends! Never forget your value 💗-autumn