Repost July 27, 2020
Howdy friends! I’m back again, with verses from Exodus!! And there’s some good ones!!
MY TOP TEN FAVORITE VERSES IN THE BOOK OF EXODUS!
1. God saw the people of Israel—and God knew. Exodus 2:25 I love this verse because it is talking about when the God’s chosen ones were enslaved in Egypt. God had not left them. God saw them. And God knew their pain. Some of the most powerful verses in the Bible are the short ones!
2. But for this purpose I have raised you up, to show you my power, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth. Exodus 9:16
3. The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2
4. Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”Exodus 14:13-14 Sometimes we are called to stand up and fight (spiritually) and other times maybe we can’t speak, or stand up, or God tells us not to. When we are silent – God will fight for us.
You can’t move. The pain is too great. The roar of battle is all around, but the shadow that falls on you assures you that He is still standing. You’ve tried your best. You fought as hard as you could. But you couldn’t do it yourself, and eventually, you fell. But as you fell, a shadow covered you and boots landed beside you. You saw the sun glisten of the shield and the reflection of deep blue eyes as He held the sword in your defense. With a cry that screams His love for you, He fights. He fights for you, even when you can’t.
5. “You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode…The Lord will reign forever and ever.” Exodus 15:13,18
6. ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Exodus 19:4 Mama Eagles, when their chicks have come of age, ruffle up the nest so the baby chick can’t get comfortable. Then they begin to hover right over their nest, flapping their wings to stay in the air. This creates a mighty air force and the chick must resist the pressure in order to stay in the nest. This builds the muscles they will need to fly. Then the Mama pushes her precious baby out of its nest. The baby eagle plummets to the ground, not knowing to flap it’s wings. Mama Eagle swoops down and catches her baby and takes him back up to the nest. She does this again and again, until finally, baby Eagle figures out how to use his wings. Once he learns how to fly, he is so strong he is able to fly ABOVE storms, out of harms way. If he had stayed in that nest, he would be in the storm, but because of the pain and hardship his Mama put him through, he is now strong enough to fly above the storm. God will put us through tough circumstances to help us build muscle. He catches us when we fail, and lets us try again. And because of the hardship we are strong enough to fly above the storms of life, safe in His arms.
7. I will dwell among the people of Israel and will be their God. And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am the Lord their God.Exodus 29:45-46
8. The tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, engraved on the tablets. Exodus 32:16 Just as God wrote the first law, and inspired the writing of the whole Bible, God is writing your story, so don’t try to take that pen from Him – or you’ll ruin the whole thing! He’s the master storyteller, not you! (And if you have taken that pen, He also has whiteout, so don’t fuss, make things right, and he’ll be happy to use that!)
9.The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, Exodus 34:6
10. And he said, “Behold, I am making a covenant. Before all your people I will do marvels, such as have not been created in all the earth or in any nation. And all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the Lord, for it is an awesome thing that I will do with you. Exodus 34:10 What God does in our lives is so that others will see us and will the work of the Lord in our lives.
So what ever you are facing today, remember that God knows, God fights for you, He is writing your story, and He is making your life a witness to others.
Keep Shining for Him!! -autumn
If you would like to hear more, or want me to expand on a certain verse or comment I made about a verse, please comment and let me know! I will try to answer any questions you have, and may even make a blog post out of them!