Happy August y’all!!! Let’s jump right into these verses!
1. Leviticus 10:3 – Then Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Among those who are near me I will be sanctified, and before all the people I will be glorified.’” And Aaron held his peace.
2. Leviticus 19:18 – You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.
3. Leviticus 20:26 – You shall be holy to me, for I the Lord am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be mine. Here the Lord is speaking of the children of Israel, but this is also for us. Several times in the New Testament, we are told that we are a chosen people, set apart for God’s use. 2 Timothy 2:21 says, “Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.” Other verses to check out are 1 Peter 2:9, Romans 11:5, Colossians 3:12 and 1 Peter 2:4, among others.
4. Leviticus 26:3-4 – “If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them, then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. God is the one who controls the rain and the yield of the fields. As a farming family, we have found this so true. It takes a lot of trust to farm, because we can’t control the weather ourselves.
5. Numbers 6:24-26 – The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
6. Numbers 11:23 – And the Lord said to Moses, “Is the Lord’s hand shortened? Now you shall see whether my word will come true for you or not.”
7. Numbers 11:29 – But Moses said to him, “Are you jealous for my sake? Would that all the Lord’s people were prophets, that the Lord would put his Spirit on them!”
8 .Numbers 18:20 – And the Lord said to Aaron, “You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the people of Israel. While most tribes received an inheritance of land, the Levites were set apart to serve in the Tabernacle, and God was their portion and inheritance. With Him, you don’t need to anything else. He is all you need.
9. Numbers 23:12 – And he answered and said, “Must I not take care to speak what the Lord puts in my mouth?”
10. Numbers 23:19-20 – God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? Behold, I received a command to bless: he has blessed, and I cannot revoke it.
While Leviticus is full of lots of rules, Numbers follows with lots of great promises and blessings!
Something that is really cool to do is read Leviticus and Hebrews at the same time, and see all the fulfilments of the Mosaic law, and the why and how of why we don’t have to follow many of the rules from it anymore.
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
“May the Lord bless your day!
If you would like to hear more or want me to expand on a certain verse or comment I made about a verse, please comment and let me know! I will try to answer any questions you have and maybe I’ll even make a blog post out of them!