Deuteronomy was so hard!! This book is full of amazing promises! I had almost 30 verses to sort through!! (I mean, that is a good thing though *laughs* And I know I’m gonna have a lot harder books coming up!)
1. Deuteronomy 1:6-7 – “The Lord our God said to us in Horeb, ‘You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Turn and take your journey, and go to the hill country of the Amorites and to all their neighbors in the Arabah, in the hill country and in the lowland and in the Negeb and by the seacoast, the land of the Canaanites, and Lebanon, as far as the great river, the river Euphrates. This is a cool verse because it reminds us that we are not supposed to ever be content with where we are spiritually. We should never get to a place where we say “I think this is far enough, let’s stop here.” A quote phrase I really love is Never Pitch Your Tent. Never settle for good. Always strive for better. If you have been settling in a “good” place, realize that there is better up ahead. You’ve stayed long enough. Begin your journey again.
2. Deuteronomy 1:30 – The Lord your God who goes before you will himself fight for you, just as he did for you in Egypt before your eyes.
3. Deuteronomy 2:7 – For the Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He knows your going through this great wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you. You have lacked nothing.”’
4. Deuteronomy 4:7 – For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the Lord our God is to us, whenever we call upon him?
5. Deuteronomy 4:29 – But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.
6. Deuteronomy 7:6-9 – “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. It was not because you were more in number than any other people that the Lord set his love on you and chose you, for you were the fewest of all peoples, but it is because the Lord loves you and is keeping the oath that he swore to your fathers, that the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,
7. Deuteronomy 11:18 – “You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
8. Deuteronomy 15:11 – For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’
9. Deuteronomy 32:4 – “The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he.
10. Deuteronomy 33:27 – The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
Praying that you all feel God’s arms this week! He’ll carry you through whatever you face!
If you would like to hear more or want me to expand on a certain verse or comment I made about a verse, please comment and let me know! I will try to answer any questions you have and maybe I’ll even make a blog post out of them!